Friday, September 9, 2016

Glad to be in the Dawg Pound

What a first week at Grandville Middle School!

I came into this week both excited and nervous at what the next semester would entail as a teacher assistant. However, I have now left this week with only the biggest smile on my face that beams all the overflowing excitement and passion that has come to light because of what has happened in the classroom! I even bought some Grandville apparel because I am already digging this place so much!

To put it in a few words, it just seemed natural. There was something right about being in a middle school classroom and in front of the room. Whether it was introducing myself for what seemed like a hundred times, passing out materials, or assisting students in activities, there was an undeniable sense of home-- and it was only solidified once the content began. It has given me lots of courage that I will overcome the fears I had coming into the semester, and it has be feeling ready to take on this semester (just like this bulldog below) as the weeks only get more intense from here. I will fail at some point, but I feel as though I am in the right place and this semester is going to change me for the better with all I have to learn.


The week was most definitely full, and it may have made me feel like the next bulldog when I left the building each day, but I am eager to fully immerse myself in the teaching world throughout this semester. And I get to do just that this week as I get to teach a lesson!



Here's to the rest of the semester! Go Bulldogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment